Call for Presentations
Submissions are now closed for STC 2014
The 26th Annual IEEE Software Technology Conference
29 March – 3 April 2014
Westin Long Beach, Long Beach, California, USA
The IEEE Computer Society is pleased to bring you the 26th Annual Software Technology Conference.
Our theme this year is Meeting Real World Challenges through Software Technology. As technologists and as citizens, we are faced with myriad challenges from defending national security, to ensuring the robustness of our critical infrastructure, to sustaining and enhancing large portfolios of legacy systems – all within ever tighter resources constraints. Many of our attendees and their customers will not be developing new systems, but rather will be updating code in embedded systems, integrating new capabilities, or otherwise retrofitting existing deployed systems, rather than creating brand new software-intensive systems. If investments are made in new development, those systems will need to be resilient and sustainable for a longer period of time.
We invite you to connect with your colleagues and share your ideas, success stories, and lessons learned in applying software technology to meet our common challenges, by submitting an abstract for consideration as one of our conference session or tutorial speakers.
Visit www.ieee-stc.org/abstractsubmission.html for abstract submission guidelines and general conference information.
SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM 19 AUGUST 2013 – 30 OCTOBER 2013
Suggested topics include:
- Engineering Software Intensive Systems-of-Systems
- Software Resiliency
- Software Engineering Processes, Including Process Improvement and Quality Management
- Software Product Lifecycle Management, including Configuration Management (CM)
- Software Sustainment
- Cloud Computing
- Big Data
- Data Mining and Business Intelligence
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Enterprise Software Engineering
- Agile Development Methods
- Open Source
- Modeling and Simulation
- Software Architecture and Architectural Frameworks
- Requirements Management
- Model-Based Software Engineering
- Verification, Validation, and Testing
- Data Management
- Software Risk Management
- Software Reliability
- Cybersecurity Issues and Approaches for Complex Systems
- Software Assurance
- Software Engineering Competency, Education and Training
- Program/Project Management for Complex Software Intensive Systems
- Software Acquisition
- Technology Transfer Between Academia and Industry
- Research in Software Engineering
Software in the context of:
- Autonomous Systems
- Mobile Applications
- Energy Management and Sustainability, including Renewable Energy
- Space and Communications Systems
- Medical Systems
- Gaming and Entertainment Systems
- Transportation Systems
- Sensors Integration and Application for a Net-centric Environment
- Disaster response
- Information Technology Systems
- Large-Scale Systems Integration
Don't forget to take advantage of these other opportunities!
- Become an Abstract Reviewer – continued excellence in presentations is assured with your assistance in helping choose cutting-edge presentations and identifying "hot topics". Sign up through the website by 15 October 2013.
- Exhibitor Registration begins 15 September 2013 – Select the best spot now!
- Conference registration will open soon – Check for details!